Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rest In Peace Rocky

West Warwick Animal Shelter reported on October 27, 2011 that Rocky lost his valiant attempt to recover from his ordeal. Rocky was the dog found starving that I mentioned in a couple of previous posts. In the end, his kidneys shut down because of Lyme disease.  Rocky was loved by the people at the shelter and they took good care of him. Rocky had people checking the West Warwick Animal Shelter facebook page to see how he was doing. People who cared what happened to him.

Please talk to your veterinarian about vaccinating your pets for Lyme disease. Give them their flea and tick treatments every month, and have your vet test them for Lyme at their annual check-up. My vet gives me the Lyme vaccine and she checks for Lyme when I have my blood-work checked at my annual exams. Even with the flea and tick treatment, my family often finds ticks on me. Be vigilant! Please keep your pet safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment