Monday, November 14, 2011

Nursing Home/Assisted Living test

I just realized that I forgot to let you know that I passed the nursing home/assisted living center test the Saturday before last! The test was to see how I would do walking around the facility and visiting the people that live there. The first people I got to visit were sitting down in the dining room having their lunch. The lunch smelled so good, and I wanted to try some, but I know my manners! I didn't even beg. I visited with this nice lady in a wheelchair who petted me. She held her hands out for me to kiss! I visited some other people in the dining room too. Then we went into several of the rooms where the people weren't able to join the others in the dining room and had room service instead. We visited with two really nice gentlemen in the first room. I think one of the men wanted me to jump up into his bed with him, but there really wasn't room for me to do that and so I stayed right next to him so he could pet me.

There were some things that had fallen on the floor that I saw when we walked by. I was told to leave it because there could be medicine that would hurt me on the floor or some other spill that would be bad for me to lick up. I listened because I knew that they wanted me to be safe.

We visited with some really nice ladies in their rooms too. They all love dogs and were happy to see me! They were sad when I had to leave the room so that their meal could be brought to them. Then I got to visit the people in the dining room again and see the lady in the wheel chair one more time.

The people there were so friendly and nice. they all seemed as happy to see me as I was to visit them. I love being around people and being petted. On November 19, 2011 I have my final test and then start my internship. I am so excited about being a therapy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment