Monday, November 14, 2011

The Mall Test

I love it when my family gets my harness and vest out of my bag. I wait quietly while they put them on me. I know that this is not just a normal walk that we are going on. It will be something special. On Saturday, I was taken to the mall to see how I would handle all of the excitement, distractions and people. There were lots of noises and brightly colored lights and interesting smells at the mall. Especially as we neared the food court! I walked quietly by Jacqie's side. There were children that ran up to me and wanted to pet me. I stood quietly while they stroked my fur. One boy asked if I gave kisses. Sure enough I gave him some! There were small children in strollers and small children sitting on benches that wanted to pet me. I was thinking that it doesn't get any better than this! I love being around children! I was sad when we left the mall and walked back to the car, but glad that I passed my test. I'm that much closer to becoming a therapy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment