Friday, September 30, 2011

Look beyond the differences

My family received images of a baby hippo that was orphaned in the December 26, 2004 tsunami.  After the hippo was rescued from the disaster, it met this centuries old turtle and they formed a strong bond. The message of the email was: "...that our differences don't matter much when we need the comfort of another. We could all learn a lesson from these two creatures." 

I tried to post the photos from the email, but they would not show up since they were copyrighted. It is too bad I couldn't share them with you because they really did a good job of illustrating the message of the email. My family was able to find the images by searching baby hippo and giant tortoise in Google. There were even more photos to look at than there were in the email. There are even several books that were written about their relationship!

Their relationship reminds me that people are amazed that my brother Gizmo, the hamster, and I get along so well. When they first see us together, they are amazed that I don't chase him and try to eat him. I would never do that! I know that if I did anything to hurt Gizmo, it would really hurt my family. Besides he really is sweet. Gizmo likes to crawl around and rest on my back. It tickles when he crawls around on me, but I kind of like it too. I know that my family loves Gizmo just like they love me.  


"Look beyond the differences and find a way to walk the path together."

No comments:

Post a Comment