Monday, October 3, 2011

A friend came to visit

This afternoon I heard a noise at our front door and went to check it out. I knew that Jacqie was home from school, Lin was working on the computer, and Terry wouldn't be home for a while, so it had to be someone else. As I poked my nose around the drapes to see who was there, I saw a beagle pawing the door with her eyebrows knit together. She looked scared and sad. I ran to the door and jingled the bells to let my family know to come to the door right away. When they opened the door, they met Sammy, the beagle who was so glad to have a human find her. Immediately she started wagging her tail.

My family checked out her collar and found a tag with her address and phone number. Sammy lived on a very busy road. Cars and trucks often speed down the road. Lots of school buses go back and forth down the street. There is a fire station nearby so fire trucks and ambulances also race down the street several times a day. Immediately, they called the number on the tag and left a message. As they started walking towards the Sammy's house, the phone rang. It was Sammy's family, so relieved someone found her and called them. They said that they'd be right over. As we walked to the corner we saw someone from Sammy's family come running around the corner. He ran so fast I thought even I would have a hard time trying to keep up with him. The family had been looking for Sammy and was so worried about her. When the boy got to where we were standing Sammy started wagging her tail so fast and jumping around for joy!

We were happy to have helped Sammy find her way back home. She had fun running around with me as we were walking  towards Sammy's house.  Sammy's family was so very happy to have home safe and sound. I love happy endings!

No comments:

Post a Comment