Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My internship has started!

Yesterday I met a group of 6 wonderful clients at a facility for people with mental and physical challenges. They loved petting me and took turns as I walked around the room visiting with everyone. My companion read a story about me to the group to help them to get to know me better. The book had lots of photos of me doing all of the things I love doing, except for the one where I was taking a bath. I'm not crazy about taking baths. I love to swim, but not in the bathtub! One lady told me how pretty I am and how much she loves me whenever it was her turn to pet me. When she saw my photos in the book, she pet my photo and said the same thing. Everyone gave me a treat! I sure love my doggie biscuits! Two of the people helped me to do my favorite tricks by giving me my treat afterwards!

This week I am only going to the center once, but the next few weeks, I will be going twice a week! Going there makes me very happy. I can't wait to see my new friends again!

No comments:

Post a Comment